Alright… I have spent so much time on the cool vivarium lately that I have kind of neglected the rest of the room a little. So today I took some time to spruce things up a little. The humidity delivery system needed an upgrade, so I got the humidifier all cleaned up (soaking it, well at least the membrane, in distilled vinegar), and then I installed a new chimney for it. Well, dear husband helped with the drilling – because he does it so well… Basically I wanted to bring the fog further up in the tall growing window, then have it gently fall down on the 3 levels of orchids below and at the same time raising the over all RH in the room. But I do not wish to keep the 5L water container for the humidifier 3 meters up in the air… hence the chimney. I used some regular PVC pipes, and a cheap funnel to do it. Three holes drilled in the pipe running across the top and the fog flows down the top like magic..!
A humid lift for the room
About the Author: Karma
Karma is an environmentalist, hiking zealot and orchid nerd from Sweden. She is also a designer/art director and a blogger. She has been the editor for the Swedish Orchid Society magazine, published internationally and held lectures on orchid culture. At the moment Karma is a digital nomad, intent on discovering the world one trail at a time.