The Masdevallia experiment

The Masdevallia experiment: day 160

Back in April (5 months ago) I decided to start a little experiment with Masdevallia and different growing mediums. Until then I had only cultivated my Masdevallia i sphagnum moss, but I wanted to try goring them in semi-hydro volcanic rock. I had two near identical M. tovarensis orchids so they were a logical choice for my small experiment. Warning: Sweeping generalizations and vague scientific conclusions ahead.

Here is the report on the result.

The control, Masdevallia […]

By |2017-10-13T11:26:10+02:00September 12th, 2009|Categories: Projects|Tags: , , , , , , |10 Comments

The Masdevallia experiment: day 1

I have decided to start a little experiment testing potting media with Masdevallias. I happen to have two lovely Masdevallia tovarensis orchids that need to be repotted, so they have been volunteered for the project.

New Zealand Sphagnum Moss I plan to place one back in sphagnum moss, like they both have been cultivated for the […]

By |2017-10-13T11:26:14+02:00April 5th, 2009|Categories: Projects|Tags: , , , , , |2 Comments